Mummy are you crying? Oh Mummy, how come?
“Well darling, because I’ve enrolled in a coaching course that requires me to find my triggers and old pain comes up.”
What are your thoughts on crying in front of your children? How do they respond to you when you cry? How do they respond to other people when they cry?
Here are some reasons why crying in front of our children is ok. Remember, this is at a healthy rate and when we are undergoing coaching/therapy and healing. Or the occasional upset, death and the like.
Here is a few things crying shows our children
- All people cry
- It is a healthy release of sadness and stored emotions create dis-ease in the body
- Crying does not continue forever
- We do not have to be uncomfortable being around someone who is crying
- We do not have to be ashamed of our emotions
- Crying is not a sign of weakness it is a sign of being human
- It allows them to see you go down, and come back up
Remember, everything in moderation.